By utilizing visual, auditory and kinesthetic skills, the LEGO SERIOUS PLAY® Method requires participants to learn and listen, and it provides all participants with a voice. The Method serves as a shared language regardless of culture or position.
It explores the relationships and connections between people and their world, observe the dynamics both internal and external, explore various hypothetical scenarios, and gain awareness of the possibilities.
The use of LEGO® elements enables participants to take a speedy shortcut to the core. The LEGO elements work as a catalyst – and when used for building metaphors, they trigger processes that participants probably were previously unaware of.
Workshop participants leave with skills to communicate more effectively, to engage their imagination more readily, and to approach their work with increased confidence, commitment and insight.
Why LEGO SERIOUS PLAY?
- A disproportionate number of nerves in our hands are hot-wired to the brain, and Thinking Hands workshops using LEGO SERIOUS PLAY® puts them to work.
- The Knowledge is already in the Room
- LSP unlocks hidden and constructs new knowledge.
- LSP fosters the understanding of the system modeled.
- LSP sharpens the view for connecting purposes between organization and individual
- Based on a robust set of theories originally developed by the LEGO Group
- Organizations, whether private or public, use the LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY ® methodology when they want to unlock the full potential of their employees – and to encourage everyone to participate, contribute and commit to the solution.
When LEGO SERIOUS PLAY?
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® methodology are effective in most of the scenarios especially when there is more than one possible right answer, and when the organization wants to harness all available knowledge in the team in order not only to find the best possible solution but also to get the strongest possible commitment.
Some of the scenarios are:
- The subject is complex and multifaceted and there is a need to grasp the bigger picture, find connections and explore options and potential solutions
- It is important to reach decisions which everyone commits to and honors after the meeting even though he or she does not agree 100%
- Asking each team member or participant the same question results in substantially different answers
- Everyone in the group has an interest or stake in what is on the agenda
- It is important that everyone participates in the discussions and contributes with his or her knowledge and opinions
- You want to increase team understanding and at the same time avoid frustration
- You want to use the time efficiently
- There are no obvious answers
- You would like to gain new learning, insights and new ways of thinking
- You want to deal with tough and complex issues in a constructive atmosphere
- It is vital that participants speak their true feelings without intimidating anyone or being intimidated
- You have a situation in which a few members tend to dominate the discussions and you want to break that routine without offending anyone
- You have a group which feels meetings tend to be a waste of time
- You want to create a level playing field for discussion
- Your meetings or learning events tend to focus more on the messengers than on the messages
- You want to avoid excuses or lack of initiative after the meeting
- There’s a risk participants feel they were not heard or involved in the decision
- You want to ensure that all participants share a common understanding and frame of reference
Your benefit using LEGO® Serious Play®
- Fast Understanding of Problems and Solutions
- Create, Innovate, Discover Ideas
- Strong Commitment to related Decisions
- Fast Return on Invest of workshop costs